Saturday, July 12, 2008

And the Person behind Mr. Micawber is ….

I adopted the ‘nom de blog’ Mr. Micawber for this blog, and then told you I wouldn’t hide behind the character. It took a few days and a comment or two from my wife to realize that not revealing my name was doing just what I had promised not to do. Also, I remembered the old rule that if I was concerned or embarrassed for someone to know that I said something, I probably shouldn’t have said it in the first place. Not being accountable for what one says is just as much hiding behind a character as pretending to be someone else. So, for the record, my real name is Paul Vandevert (aka Paulsen K. Vandevert).

As my first two posts suggest, I am a lawyer specializing in international trade and Customs issues. I work for Ford Motor Company and live in Dearborn, Michigan. I am married and have one son. That’s enough for now, I think. You’ll get to know more about me through my posts.

No comments: