Sunday, July 6, 2008

Welcome to the Punchbowl

A punchbowl is something in which punch is served. Punch is a concoction of whatever the particular mixer of the punch decides to put in it on that day in that place. I see this blog as a punchbowl for my kind of punch. A serving up of topics and thoughts on my mind that I hope will interest and inform you.

Instead of using my real name, I have chosen as my nom de blog a famous punch mixer, Mr. Micawber, a character in Dickens’ novel, David Copperfield. (See the Google Books link to David Copperfield, but go to your local library, check out the book and read it.) I promise not to hide behind the literary character and I won’t pretend to be anyone other than who I really am in real life. Frequent visitors and readers of this blog may eventually figure out what my real name is. But, isn’t trying to figure just what’s in that punch a fun part of the experience of drinking it?

So, take a drink and enjoy. And, be sure to come back for more tastings.

No comments: